Monday, June 4, 2007

My experiment with lies!!!


To tell about me, I am a lazy fellow hailing from Cochin with many dreams but not with a mind to work for it hard :)

I would have been around 12 or 13 years old when I failed for the first time in a class test conducted at school. The subject was mathematics. As most of the people say "Earth revolves and rotates because of mathematics. Without mathematics, this world is a big zero".....Even I had grown up hearing all those and naturally, mathematics had become something as huge and unstoppable as Tsunami for me. My father is a government employee and he could not afford to make me "pass" my paying money. And to add to that my father used to give me some extra tuitions’ at home in math like those added toppings in a pizza and this failure was something that I wanted the least.

Like most of the kids in that age group, even I was afraid that i would be punished and didn't inform my parents about it. I was happy for the next few days until one day my class teacher announced "Students who have failed for the math test should bring their parents next Monday want to talk to them personally". Now....something begins to flow from my feet to my head through spine. This was the first time I had hidden something from my parents. Not because they will beat me up but I had this guilty feeling that I hadn't prepared well, as my father told me to do.

The D-Day arrived. I began to wonder how I am going to tell this to them. I waited for some time thinking how I am going to present it before them and somehow made up some excuses and things I am gonna tell them. I went to drawing room where dad was very busy reading newspaper. As and when I reached there,
He asked "Ashwin, shall we go for a movie today? It has been long time since we saw a movie. What do you think? Or. Do you have anything to study today"....

I was all at ice now. I didn't expect him to ask such a thing at a time when I wanted him to be little serious. I told "Well....I want to tell you something."

"What’s that??" He was very calm and quiet when he asked that.

"My class teacher has asked some of the students to bring their parents today. She wants to tell something and she asked me to bring you." I somehow managed.

"Is it something serious??O.k I will be there by e.o.d"

I reached school and the whole day I was wondering how I will face him and what I would tell him when he knows the truth. My class teacher told that she would give personal attention to each of the parents. I didn't even listen to the sessions that day and I didn't even go out and play during the P.T period which was very rare in those school days.

Finally my dad came at around 4.00 PM and my class teacher along with maths tutor had a long session with him and I was made to stand outside all those time. I waited outside praying and wondering how I am going to face my teachers and parents. Half an hour passed by and he came out. I was about to open my mouth when he told me "Let us get back home soon”. I knew i am gonna be fired left and right and I felt very guilty for this deed of mine.

We reached home and he didn't open his mouth at all. I sat at a chair drinking tea waiting for the time. My mother was making some snacks and brother jus got back from his special classes for Xth.Then my dad called me inside and I went in slowly with tears about to come out.

"Son....I am your father and you can tell anything and everything to me. Why do you lie unnecessarily to me? This is not what I expect from you...Failures happen in every one's life. This is not how you manage it. You should study well next time and make me proud in front of your teachers. I have not told this to your mom. I don't want to make issue of this. Please see in the future that you don't lie to me. It makes me very sad. More than what I was when i heard about your result. Now ...go and have some food".

Tears rolled out from my eyes now. I had never thought hoe he would have felt when I lied. Rather, I was thinking about how to manage the issue when he would blame me for not studying. I stood there speechless for some time and started walking back slowly when he called me....

"Hey son...get ready soon. The show starts right at 6 PM...And we don't want to miss the tickets. Isn’t it?"......

See you soon with more fun....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!My Experiment with Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

halooooooooo
a shareerathinullil engane oru manasu olichirippundayirunno????????
enthayalum kollam........
keep going....
all the best

Jobin Basani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Now I am dead sure that you have absolutely no work..!!!

Anyways, A nice read....

Expecting more humor in your future blogs.....(avoid the senti... I can get it from the mega serials at home)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Enthinada neee njagale engane karayikkunnathu????

Enthayalum sagathi kollam.
Expecting more............

Unknown said...

ayyo paavam payyan pinnedulla ellaaa pareekshekkum nee pottiyodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Marthyan said...

Hello ,

This is great article. Nice to hear ur feelings. try to add some good experiences as saravanan said. helps in keeping the traffic . I have kept a big log of all my sadness but never published it.Also try giving some tips or tricks.

Bajal said...

തകറ്പ്പ്പന്‍ ആയിട്ടുണ്‍ഡ്

Kollam..as the others have suggested..
increase humour, lessen sentis..

friend said...

anyways u r lucky,coz u r father didnt punish you for the failure
He was only concerned abt the lie u have told,na?

friend said...

y did u delete some of the comments????

friend said...

will mine also be deleted?

Ashwin P Anand said...

ha ha ha....the comment i deleted was a nonsense 1 by one of my friend.........